Monday, August 17, 2009

Kings Island Diamondback 5k









Well, let's see.....
1. Not my best run - somewhere between 36.5-38.5 but the exact results aren't up yet. We'll see and I'll post updates on here.
2. Most disorganized race I've been to. Granted it was the first one, but computers weren't working, you had to go through 2 check out lines (that means standing in really long lines twice), ran out of 5k medals, were giving folks the 10k ones, no plain water after race, luke warm Vitamin water to drink, no bagels, bananas, etc. 1 hour after race had some granola bars, ran out of t-shirts, started 30 minutes late, ran out of water at aid stations along race course, had almost 90 minutes of down time from end of race till the park opened.
3. I did good stretching before hand because I wasn't sore after race.
4. It was HOT and HUMID that day - everyone was just drenched in sweat!
5. After about 3 hours after race...I had only drank 12 oz of water (that I bought before b/c there was no plain water) and then with the mid-90s temperature, and the roller coasters - I was sick! Finally after laying down on a bench for about 45 minutes, I was better, got some water in me, then finally ate something about 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment