Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow Days: Running Outdoors/Indoors

Well, I guarantee if I lived in FL I would not have to title this blog the way I did. In my lifetime, there has only been one time it snowed in Lakeland - that was when I was a couple weeks old. I wasn't in it.
I like snow - but not when it is mixed with ice, people don't know how to drive in it, trees aren't prepared for it so the power goes out, etc.
This week I've only been able to run once - that was Monday. I've done some core work and planks and stretches inside the remainder of the week. The Rec Center where I work and live was out of commission because of power loss. The streets to even get to the street were covered mostly in ice. The park I usually run in you couldn't see the path due to the snow.
Yesterday - I drove by - and there was a path. Today, its supposed to be in the mid-40s. So, I'm so excited to report that I get to go running today! :) When did I ever think I would be excited to go running - hmm? But, I have missed it this week. Can tell a difference in my body and mind. Running is so good for you - and stretching is too - but more on that later!
So, have you run lately? What do you do if you can't go outside because of the weather and you don't have a membership to a gym (or your gym is even closed)?

No comments:

Post a Comment