Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer is HERE!

So excited for June 1. Here is my lineup for a toning up summer. Many exciting things:
1. I am finally below 165! And I'm wearing a dress I haven't worn for almost 3 years! How exciting is that - to get one ready for the summer!
2. I have 4.6 lbs to go till my WW goal, and then another 10% for my personal goal. Hopeully I can get those off this summer.
3. Kettlebells. Wow, these are going to kill me. My friend Cynthia came over last night and showed me a 3 day/wk workout plan for them. I have a 15lb blue padded kettlebell that I got from Target. The horns are half padded as well. That will be a good cardio/weight exercise for 3 days a week.
4. Running/Walking. The next two weeks will be a chance in this for me. Everyday for the next 2 weeks I'll be doing 3.5 miles walking with an Alaskan Husky. Housesitting. Hopefully it doesn't rain. I won't be getting in much running, but walking is good for me as well.
5. Races. I've got the Berea 8k trail run this Saturday. Next Saturday is the Hubers 10k. July 4 is the Crescent Hill 5k. August 16 is the Kings Island 5k. So, those will keep me running - even if just at night around campus. Hopefully more powerful legs will help.
6. Yoga. I'm doing yoga for weight loss (a dvd) and also namaste yoga when I am home and can find it on FitTV. Both are excellent. I'm loving it. Haven't really done yoga before except for 2 classes.
7. Vegetarian. I'm going mostly vegetarian this summer. I'm allowing one meal for meat and one meal for seafood each week - then the is vegetables, dairy, whole grains, etc.
8. Results. I do want to lose more weight this summer. I'm also hoping to raise my good cholesterol and lower my body fat and increase my flexibility. Sometime in September I'll revisit these things and see what the results are. Hopefully good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment